Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW5b: "I Blog, Therefore I Am"

In the article “I Blog, Therefore I Am,” by David Kline, Kline emphasizes that the world is coming to what it was always meant to be, a “democratic society” where everyone living in it was allowed to have their own voice whether they were smart, disrespectful, or if they were completely clueless. Kline reminds us of how the United States is supposed to operate. I do not deny any of the facts that Kline is implying. Throughout the years I feel that the right to freedom of speech has vanished, and Kline points out that with the invention and use of blogging the average man or woman can have the freedom and speech and can talk about whatever they want and still get feedback and see what other people around the world have to say about their view. I however question how long blogging will last, I feel that as a society things in our lives change so fast and we are constantly grasping new ideas and new forms of communication, that it only seems fair to me to say that blogging like e-mail and instant messaging will slowly fade away and become something different like instant messaging has become text messaging.

No comments: