Monday, October 8, 2007

HW18: My Least Favorite Blog

The blog I read and disliked this week was “Some Like it Hot” by Sacha Pfeiffer (http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/10/07/some_like_it_hot/?page=full). I least liked this blog because I thought it was pointless. The post talks about how the “baby boomers” are eating way more hot and spicy foods than ever before. Contrary to popular belief as every human grows older they are going to lose taste buds there for looking for food with more of a kick than they did when they were in their youth. And the youth are going to eat spicy foods because their parents and grandparents are eating it. I do not think it is such a phenomenon that it needs to be written about in a blog. As anything in the world things, including food and people, go through phases in their life times and this is just another phase. I least like this blog because I feel like they just had nothing better to write about, though at the same time I found it interesting that a blogger from The Boston Globe would write about spicy foods. I think the blog could have been more interesting, maybe it’s just me and I don’t find the subject all that interesting to me.

No comments: