Monday, October 8, 2007

HW17b: Applying Graff to Cox

In the readings “Blogging the Presidency: an interview with Markos Moulitas Zuniga” and “Sex, Lies, and Political Scrapes: an interview with Ana Marie Cox” from Blog! How the newest media revolution is changing politics, business, and culture, by David Kline and Dan Burnstein, the blog that would most likely influence the way I would vote in the upcoming election would be Ana Marie Cox’s blog at http://www.wonkette.com. Her blog would influence my decision of a presidential candidate more because she writes on a more personal level and he blog page is more interesting that Markos Moulitas Zuniga’s blog page. Cox’s page includes pictures and videos that are more interesting to young adults, like myself. She writes things that are interesting and that capture our attention, things that the media will not show in fear of getting sued. As blog readers and writers, I believe that we come to realize that these presidential candidates are regular people like you and I, and I think that Cox’s has a very unique way of showing her readers that. I can understand though why people would rather read Zuniga’s blog because he is a more serious writer and talks more about the campaign instead or the sexual aspects and funny happenings. But without those funny happenings, I feel that we as Americans feel inferior to the presidential candidates.

No comments: