Thursday, November 1, 2007

HW27: Anontated Bibliography

Riverbend. Baghdad Burning, Girl Blog From Iraq. New York: Feminist Press.2005
This book is written by a 24 year old female living in Iraq during the current war. The book is written in the form of Blog posts, almost like a diary. This book is relevant to the course because it is a blog and it talks about and shows the reader how blogs are affecting people all around the world. I think this book will teach me a lot about the different uses that blogs have and I like the point of view it is written in. As Americans we only see things from our point of view on the war and I think it will be good to hear about what it is like to actually be in Iraq. I think the hardest thing about reading this book is going to be that it is the truth and that it is scary stuff. I think it will be great to read but scary because some of my best-friends are in Iraq and the guy I am currently dating will be deployed for Iraq in January, so I think that will be my biggest challenge, is knowing what they are being faced with over there. But I also didn't want to put the book down last night either! So I think this book will be very interesting and informative.

No comments: